Modular Aluminum Panel Systems (MAPS)
Speed Shore’s Modular Aluminum Panel System (MAPS) trench shield system is engineered for high strength, ultra-low weight, and ease of handling. Modular panels, end-members, and adjustable spreaders are light enough for transport by pickup, and can be quickly configured for 2, 3 or 4-sided applications. A two-man crew can readily assemble the system by hand for rapid placement in the trench by a rubber-tired backhoe.
The foam-filled, double-wall aluminum panels are available in a full range of standard sizes to 16 feet in length. Extruded end-members, available in lengths from 2 to 10 feet, allow easy pin-and-keeper connection of panels and spreaders in various combinations, forming the exact configuration required at the work site. Various spreader options are available, to include adjustable telescoping steel spreaders and hydraulic cylinders.
The MAP shield system is ideal for utility maintenance and repair, cable splice pits, plumbing repairs, gas, sewer and water taps, and other light utility installations–including trenchless technology entry and exit pits. Speed Shore’s Modular Aluminum Panel system is the preferred choice for municipalities, contractors and utilities seeking an extremely versatile, lightweight trench safety system.
• Aluminum Alloy Construction for extremely high strength-to-weight ratios and superior corrosion resistance.
• Narrow Double-Wall Panels minimize excavation width while maximizing interior work space.
• Lightweight Modular Components afford easy handling and options of 2, 3, or 4-sided shield configurations.
• Dual-Purpose End Members connect both panels and spreaders in multiple configurations.
• Adjustable Spreaders allow for rapid field modification of shield width.
• Foam-Filled Smooth Walls prevent accumulation of water, dirt and debris.
• Tongue & Groove Panel Design aids in assembly and helps secure panels in place.
• Pin and Keeper System allows for rapid assembly and disassembly by hand, with no need for special tools.
Please call for availability! - (808)847-4017