Speed Shore’s Manguard safety shields are one of the most versatile excavation safety systems in the industry. Manguards are specifically designed for personnel protection during manhole installations, line taps, vault placements and point repairs. Their cylindrical construction incorporates high-strength corrugated steel walls welded securely to rigid steel collars, with lifting eyes, stacking sockets and adjustable legs. Replaceable or permanent cut-outs are available to accommodate clearance of incoming services.
Manguards are light enough for installation with a rubber-tired backhoe and may be easily stacked in multiples for deeper applications. Standard models are available in 8.5’ and 10’ diameters in both 4’ and 8’ heights. Custom units are also available for unique applications and site-specific needs. Speed Shore Manguards . . . a solid investment in safety and productivity.
• High-Strength Corrugated Steel Construction assures the user of high capacity shielding in a rugged, field-proven product.
• Adjustable Leg Supports allow rapid adjustment of bottom clearance for incoming utilities. Legs may also be abandoned for poured-in-place slabs and structures.
• Quick-Connect Pins & Keepers provide for rapid interlock of stacked Manguards, and adjustment of leg heights.
• Flat Mating Surfaces (top & bottom) accommodate stacking and precise alignment of sockets.
• Optional Cut-Outs (three sides) allow flexibility to clear incoming services while maintaining maximum protection in the hole. Cut-outs may be ordered with replaceable bolt-on covers.
Please call for availability! - (808)847-4017